The Sugar Quill's Terms of Service
The Sugar Quill (www.sugarquill.net & www.sugarquill.com)
is a non profit website that seeks to do the following:
- Provide forums that offers members a place to discuss the Harry
Potter books in an intelligent, thoughtful manner.
The steps we will take toward meeting this goal:
Offer as many writers as is reasonably possible a process that allows each
to work with a beta reader to improve writing skills and a place to archive
and receive feedback on finished stories.
- Regularly review Topic Suggestion Thread for new discussion ideas as suggested
- Monitor threads for off-topic, repetitive, irrelevant, or rude posts
Maintain as archive of well-written stories and essays that provide entertainment
for readers and inspiration for writers.
- Create clear guidelines on what types of stories the Sugar Quill will
- Create a fair and understandable process that allows the Sugar Quill to
accept as many new writers as possible without causing our beta readers to
tear their hair out in frustration
- Endeavor to return stories to readers in a reasonable amount of time
- Recruit and keep talented beta readers (please remember to thank your beta
Make the Sugar Quill a fun place for readers, writers, and administration
- Continue to recruit excellent derivative fiction and essays
- Establish Recommendations thread by which our members can suggest stories
and essays that would fit well within the SQ archive
- Periodically re-evaluate goals and steps taken toward meeting goals
- Make sure that the Sugar Quill guidelines are understandable
- Provide threads and email addresses by which members can offer feedback
on the site
All users of our beta reading services and visitors
to our website must comply with and understand the following:
- The Sugar Quill attempts to monitor its discussion
boards for material we consider inappropriate, but does not guarantee
suitability of content for all readers. You acknowledge that The Sugar
Quill is viewed/read at your own risk.
- Although we provide links to other websites, we are
not responsible for any material at these sites. You acknowlege that
you link to these other websites at your own risk.
- In accordance with the United
States Federal Trade Commissions Children's Online Privacy & Protection
Act, we do not accept nor solicit material from readers under 13
years of age. Please do not post or submit stories to The Sugar Quill if you
are under the age of 13.
- The Sugar Quill will not collect any personally identifiable
information about you (e.g., your real name, address, telephone number,
or email address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily (for example,
when posting on a board or requesting material provided by the Sugar
Quill, such as fund raising premiums).
- When you do provide us with personally identifiable information,
we will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the information
you share with us. In this regard, we will not give, sell or otherwise
transfer your personal information to anyone outside the Sugar Quill
organization unless we first disclosed it to you at the time of collection.
- The Sugar Quill is run by volunteers with busy lives.
When submitting a story to be beta read, you acknowledge that although
we will strive to return the story within a reasonable amount of time,
we cannot make promises. Please, be patient.
- Although we at The Sugar Quill encourage thought and
discussion, we reserve the right to remove, limit access to, or censor
posts, threads, stories, or other material that we believe are inappropriate
for this website at any time.
- The Sugar Quill does not share stories with other websites,
fanzines, or sources without the permission of the author.
- When submitting a story, you agree to provide an accurate
email address so that we may return the story to you and/or contact
you for future information.
- The Sugar Quill attempts to post ratings information in the
header of each story when appropriate. Ratings roughly follow the system
used by the Motion Picture Association of America. We generally interpret these
ratings as follows:
Please read the rating. If you believe you do not meet
the standards implied by these ratings, you must agree not to read the
story. Stories not rated are assumed to be appropriate for the same
audiences who enjoy the Harry Potter books, but because such things
are subjective, this may not always be the case. As stated earlier,
read at your own risk.
- G - General audience
PG - Some material may not be suitable for children
PG13 - Some material may be inappropriate for people under 13
R - Material may not be appropriate for people under 17
If you have any questions regarding these Terms of Service,
please direct them to the Sugar
Quill . Be advised that this document was not drafted by a legal professional
and is subject to change.
Now, please - go have fun and enjoy our website!