The distribution of this story is for personal use only. Any other form of distribution is prohibited without the consent of the author.
(1) When the Healer says "Land," the Escort lands
Official Ministry Contract (hereafter "The Contract")
Detailing the Duties of
Ginny Weasley, The Healer (HEreafter "the Healer") And
Draco Malfoy, The Escort (Hereafter "The Escort")
For the Dragon-Healing Project (hereafter "The Project")
I. Section II: Duties and General Job Descriptions.
- The Healer is to assess, report on, and, to the extent possible, repair any damage to the Dragons. She is to inform the appropriate Representatives of the Ministry of Magic (hereafter "the Ministry") and the Dragon-Riding Team (hereafter "the Team")
- The Escort is to escort the Healer whenever she is in the physical presence of the Dragons. His duties include, but are not limited to, serving as her Flier during Damage Assessment and Damage Repair.
II. Section II: Rules and Requirements
A. The Escort and the Healer are to comply with all Reasonable Requests from one another. Reasonable Requests include, but are not limited to:
- The Request to land.
- The Request to desist from physical contact with the other party. ("Please let go" and "Please remove your hands" are the preferred forms of this Request. Less polite forms such as "Take your slimy hands off me" are discouraged [Please see Section II, Part B below], but compliance with them is required.)
- The Request for quiet. ("Quiet, please" is the preferred form of this Request. Less polite forms, including, but not limited to, "Shut [it/up]," "Can it," "Put a [sock/cork/lid] [in/on] it," and cetera are discouraged [Please see Section II, Part B below], but compliance with them is required.)
- Repeated failure by the Escort to comply with (C) may result in the Escortís being subjected to a Specialised Silencing Spell before any subsequent Professional Encounters.
- Since the ability to speak is required for the Healer to do her job, she may not be subjected to Silencing Spells, Specialised or General Purpose. Thus, repeated failure by the Healer to comply with (C) may result in a Formal Ministry Warning (hereafter "FMW").
B. The Escort and the Healer are to treat one another in a respectful manner.
1. The following are strictly prohibited:
a. Insulting or speaking disrespectfully of the Other.
b. Insulting or speaking disrespectfully of the Otherís friends.
c. Insulting or speaking disrespectfully of the Otherís family or Members thereof.
d. Insulting or speaking disrespectfully of the family of the Otherís friends or Members thereof.
e. Insulting or speaking disrespectfully of the friends of the Otherís family.
Note: Compliments or neutral statements delivered in sarcastic tones are considered Insults and fall under the rules governing Insults.
2. Offenses against any part of Section II, Part B, Heading 1 may result in an FMW.
3. Second and subsequent Offenses may result, in addition to an FMW, in the Offending Partyís being required to write a Letter of Grovelling Apology (hereafter "LGA") to the Injured Party. Injured Parties may include, but are not limited to, all of the Parties mentioned in Section II, Part B, Heading 1, Items a-d. Thus, an insult directed toward the Otherís family could result in the requirement that the Offending Party write an LGA both to the Other and to his/her family. LGAs become the property of the Injured Party or Parties, and they may do with them as they choose. They may, for instance, submit the LGA to be printed in publications including, but not limited to, the Dragon Camp Newsletter, The Daily Prophet, Witch Weekly, and cetera.
4. Third and subsequent Offenses may result, in addition to an FMW and the requirement to write an LGA, in further punishments to be decided upon by the Injured Party, the Minister of Magic, and the Secretary Privy.
C. The Escort is required to fly carefully and responsibly. Any recklessness or attempts to distract the Healer from her Job will be treated with gravest severity.
D. The Healer is required to finish the Project in as timely a manner as is possible.
E. All interactions between the Healer and the Escort are to be recorded by magical means agreed upon by the two Parties. The resulting Transcripts are to be stored until the end of the Project for review in cases of complaints by the Healer, or the Escort, or any other member of the Team.
F. The Escortís personal Dragon (hereafter Mordor) will be the last Dragon in line for Treatment by the Healer. If the Escort engages in repeated Violation of the Terms of the Contract, Mordor may not receive Treatment.
G. Neither the Healer nor the Escort will be paid until the end of the Project. If either engages in repeated Violation of the Terms of the Contract, he or she may not receive monetary compensation.